Thursday, September 11, 2008

I need to take pictures... for my blog.

Thus far:

Got to SF to problems. 2 bags, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 in 1 conditioner. I'm basically really hard core. Becca picked me up, we picked up her friend Joe, and we headed to Ol' Camp Tuolmne just outside Yosemite. 2 days later I was totally filthy- we were in charge of taking down mouse poo covered tarps, painting railings, etc.- and finally able to understand why Becca is so obsessed with camp. Great people, surprisingly tasty food, fun work, and beautiful setting. 

After 2 nights, we woke up early and drove through Yosemite to LA. Checked out the half dome, ate some Chinese food, saw the Raisin capital of the world, and listened to some jammin' tunes.

Then LA! So good to be back. I love visiting bc it makes me feel popular, and we all know how much I like that ("No, I want to carry the pizza. ..") Saw a bunch of buddies, visited Oxy (best place ever), ate at Auntie Em's, ran into the ex-landlord/dreamboat, ate kosher pizza with Becca's orthodox family members, hit up Taco Truck, rubbed Britney Spears perfume all over, and just generally kicked it old style. Obvi, my favorite things and some of my very favorite people. Thanks to Lisa for her hospitality, and everyone else who made time to hang out! 

This morning we drove to San Diego. I'm at my aunt's house watching Wife Swap after a delicious and expected meal at CPK with my grandma, aunt, and cousin. Cheers to family traditions! But really, it was nice and I'm happy to be here. Later tonight we're going to a Padres/Giants game and then enjoying a semi-early night.

Anyhow, so far so good and looking forward to the next few weeks on the road! More posts later. Probably.

3 comments:

JillHannah said...

Send my love to the family.

Anonymous said...

I feel the background color of your blog echoes the transcendent quality of escapism present in your writings thus far. Well chosen. Sounds like the trip is fantastic so far... can't wait for you and Becca to visit!

Lara said...

You're so popular Lynn!